Westbrook Primary school will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to COVID-19 infection.
- Adhere to the social distancing rules as set out by the government as much as we reasonably can.
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs.
- Contact parents/carers if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19 as this will mean you will all need to self-isolate for at least 14 days or until the test comes back negative (test results must be shared with school).
- Continue our clear and consistent approach to rewards and sanctions for children as set out in the Behaviour Policy as well as the expectations outlined in this agreement.
- Communicate between home and school through notices, newsletters, text, email and the school website.
To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- If my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will not send them to school, we will self-isolate for 14 days as a family. I will get them tested and I will let the school know as soon as possible via telephone.
- If my child, or another child in the group, shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately.
- On my commute, and when dropping my child off and picking them up, I will adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules.
- When dropping off and picking up, I will strictly stick to the school timings for my child.
- I will ensure that only one adult drops off and picks up my child. I will ensure this adult is a member of my household.
- I will ensure that I give at least 48hrs notice if I change my mind about my child returning to school.
- My child must not bring any items, other than their lunchbox, water bottle and reading book, into school (No bags, pencil cases, PE kit, balls etc) or take items home.
- I will ensure lunchboxes are and water bottles are labelled and disinfected each day before they come to school.
- My child will have their temperature taken on arrival and during the day if they feel, or present, as being unwell.
- I will need to remind my child about social distancing rules but accept they are difficult to follow and that my child may not always do this successfully.
- My child will need to use good hand, nose and mouth hygiene measures.
- I will not be allowed into the school at all. I will communicate via phone or email.
- I will come into school through the main gate and drop my child off at the door. I will leave immediately through the other main gate (one-way system). If I need to speak to a member of staff I will do this via email or phone.
- I need to support all staff in their efforts to create a ‘safe as possible’ environment during this crisis.
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home.
- I need to inform the school immediately of any changes to parent/carer and emergency contact details.
- If my child is deemed unsafe, he/she will be sent home and cannot return until they can be safe.
I will do my best to:
- Adhere to the social distancing rules in class and in the playground.
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell.
- Not bring things into school from home, except my lunch box, water bottle, reading book and coat (no bags etc)
- Only use the equipment provided to me by school and no other.
- Not mix with any other children in the school.
- Only enter and exit the school building from the designated gate i.e. Westbrook Road main gates (one-way system in and out of the grounds).
- Follow good hand, nose and mouth hygiene: coughing and sneezing into a tissue (catch it-bin-it-kill-it).
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds/hand sanitiser.
- Only use public transport if absolutely necessary and ensure I socially distance and war a face covering, If I do.
- Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others.
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t I will be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.
- I will ensure that my phone (yr6 only) is switched off in school and placed in my tray under my desk at all times.